Website Terms and Conditions
- Users accept the copyright notice that applies to the website and can be read below.
- Registered owners and long-term renters can register to enable access to be granted to the private parts of the website. Owner registrations will be checked against the list of owners maintained by the administrator. Renters will be required to provide evidence of a long-term rental agreement (more than 3 months) for a property at La Torre. User ids are for personal use and must not be shared with others. Misuse of this will result in your user account being suspended and, in some circumstances, could make you and the person using your account liable for prosecution under misuse of computer laws.
- The ‘For Sale / Wanted” and “Accommodation” sections of the website are for private advertisements only. No commercial advertising is permitted. The committee accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or condition of any item advertised. The committee reserves the right to remove any advert that breaks this rule or is deemed inappropriate.
- The “Information Requests” section of the website is made available to allow users to seek information and advice from other users. It is not for starting a discussion about community affairs. The committee accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information provided. Requests may require to be approved before publication and the committee reserves the right not to publish any request that breaks this rule or is deemed inappropriate
The committee reserves the right to withdraw access to the private parts of the website for any user who violates the rules.
La Torre Community of Owners Website Copyright Notice
This website contains material which is owned by, licensed to or use granted to La Torre Community of Owners.
This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with this copyright notice. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Images are either in the public domain, licensed to the Community of Owners or others.
Users must only load non-copyrighted images to the website and in doing so accept the details of this copyright notice.
This website also includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts (other than copyrighted images) for your personal and non-commercial use only. Sub Community Presidents may copy community information from the private section of the website for the sole purpose of informing the owners of their sub community. Articles and documents must be copied in full and no modification can be made to the text.
You may copy or précis the content only from the public sections of the website (other than copyrighted images) to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
La Torre Community of Owners is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
La Torre Community of Owners may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/09/2010 and will be reviewed on a regular basis.
The statement has been reviewed and revised in 2018 to comply with the EU 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What we collect
We collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to owners such as email subscription preferences
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to verify your request for a logon, understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- The sending of community information to you electronically
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may share your details with our appointed administrator - currently Admiburgos.
With your permission, from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the usage of the website. This is done anonymously and no personal data (including IP addresses) is collected by Google.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you have subscribed to our newsletters, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting. For registered users you may choose to stop the receipt of emails in the following way:
You should amend your preferences by going to:
- help centre --> my website details--> edit / update your profile. further instructions can be found in help centre --> frequently asked questions
- Use the various tabs to change your preferences
- If you choose not to receive mailshots you will still receive community related information such as annual general meeting minutes from our Administrator. Electronic communication allows the Community to minimise its communication costs.
Your name and sub community will be shown in the list of users in the help centre. This is only viewable by other register users but if you do not wish your details to appear this can be set when registering or by updating your website details as described above. Please note your name will still be shown on any posts you make in the info request facility.
The website is hosted in the United Kingdom and you may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please use the contact us form in the website help centre.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please use the help centre--> my website details to correct it. Information held by the Administrator can be updated using the help centre --> update my details form.
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies - Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering your preferences such as text size and language
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use Google Analytics. Information about opting out of Google Analytics can be found here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concern around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
Version 2 (consolidated) - January 2020 -
Updated to reflect the United Kingdom leaving the European Union