Having air conditioning installed or serviced?
New regulations, similar to UK, have been introduced in Spain with proper registration certificates. The regulation includes:
Gas can only be purchased if the Person(s) have and produce at point of sale the following criteria.
- Company Registration Number
- Public Liability Certificate
- Spanish Refrigeration Installer Qualifications
- Spanish Gas Handling Cert(ID with cert number will be issued)
- Gas purchased will be R10 or R7 there will be no R22 available, 3 kilos per van permitted and only if driver has criteria 3 and 4 (must be carried at all times).
Anyone using a non certified company could be fined up to 100,000 euros. This includes owners and their key holders.
Published June 30th 2011