The committee is pleased to confirm that the Supermarket Railings Project has been completed successfully, on budget and schedule. Many thanks to Raul, Felix and Constuarchena for an excellent job.
This project took place as a result of many, many complaints from owners over the years and also raised at sub community meetings. Concerns raised involved health and safety and congestion in busy periods.
Some key points regarding the project:
- The type of railings are in perfect alignment with the existing railings on La Torre.
- The railings used outside the supermarket are in fact recycled, following the installation of flood defences at apartment garage entrances. They cost nothing.
- The installation cost is circa 2000€ including the concrete base, preparing the railings, installation and repainting.
- The crossing points on the main boulevard are on each side of the supermarket in alignment with the each end of the railings
- There are circa 60 parking spaces to the sides and rear of the supermarket for customer use
- There are a further 53 parking space around the open square behind the supermarket (if needed)
- No parking signs are being fixed to the railings in due course.